People helping people build community.
After School Programs
- La Casita Homework Assistance Program
- This popular and widely utilized program for students in the Indian River School District provides homework tutorial assistance and enrichment programs to students of Non-English speaking families.
- This program is facilitated at two site locations in Georgetown, employs retired teachers and assistants as tutors to strengthen student's knowledge in math, science, English, reading, and history, and to help them achieve higher grades.
- Cape Henlopen After-School Tutorial Program
- The Cape Henlopen School District provides the resources for four community-based, after-school tutorial programs
- First State ensures that certified and retired school teachers provide the services and is heavily academic-based in providing homework assistance.
FSCAA After-School Programs provide youths ages 5-18 years of age with tutorial assistance after school at no cost to the parents.
Activities are provided that educate and prevent at risk behaviors such as ATOD usage (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs), bullying, peer pressure, and academic failure.
Other activities and programs are available to other eligible youth such as 6 weeks of summer enrichment, college tours, focus group activity, and more!