People helping people build community.
State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP)
The purpose of the State Rental Assistance Program is to assist low-income individuals who require affordable housing and supportive service to live safely and independently in the community.
- Clients exiting state-supported and privately run long-term care facilities.
- Clients exiting the Delaware Psychiatric Center.
- Youth aging out of foster care.
- Families for whom the lack of affordable housing is a barrier to reunification.
- Step-Up program participants least likely to transition to independent living without SRAP assistance.
- Individuals at risk of requiring services from a state-supported institution (Diversion Clients).